Thursday is back, so welcome back to another Health Tip Thursday! with yours truly artist Edward O'connor. Since you're reading this post I am going to assume you are just like me and take your skin health vary seriously. Well then HIGH FIVE! we are both the same page, great minds think alike :) OK so let's get right into it, here are 7 Healthy Skin Tips.
1) Keep the skin moisturized from the inside out. Aim for 8 glasses of water a day and add a moisturizer cream to the skin to help lock in that moister in your body.
2) You can reduce Rosacea flair ups by avoiding some of these common flair up triggers like spicy foods, red wine and excessive heat. Always moisturize because dry skin is more easily irritated.
3) Hot showers strip the skin of it's natural oils. It's best to take warm or cool showers instead and then dry off and immediately apply a good moisturizer to the body afterwards.
4) Use fragrance free body wash and lotions. The release of these chemical fragrances can be harmful to sensitive skin. Fragrance free moisturizers is the way to go.
5) It is a good idea to keep the body moisturized throughout the day, but there are key moments to moisturize. Always moisturize your feet immediately after shower and moisturize your hands after every hand wash, to avoid dry skin.
6) Exfoliating is essential, but ruff or harsh scrubbing of the skin can damage it. Try using a moisturizer that is also a gentle exfoliator.
7) Use sun tan lotion. Too much sun exposer can damage the skin and increase ageing. It is important that you use a moisturizer that contains SPF-50 or more to help keep your skin moisturized and sun burn free.
I hope you enjoyed this Health Tip Thursday. Don’t forget to visit www.EdwardOconnor.com to see all my new art pieces and send me an email at ContactMe@EdwardOconnor.com if you are interested in work for yourself. If you want to see more exciting Blog posts you've missed click here www.EdwardOconnor.com/Blog. Please do me a favour and Forward this email to anyone you know will enjoy it as much as you did.